Thursday, May 1, 2014

Removing The Agitation

There are a million things going on, ten thousand projects to finish, so many different tasks to be completed; the frenetic emotions leaving you exhausted as you try to tackle all things seemingly at once.

It's anxiety producing and maddening.

I realize I am only a decision away to not feeling that state of mind. It's a defiant act in the face of the overwhelming. And it is calm recaptured.

Today I say to myself  "To all the responsibilities - I will get there when I'm done with what has my focus right now." A forced slowing down of energy, honing in on the detail of what's in front of me at that moment. I will not be rushed away from the beauty of bringing all my attention and effort front and center to what currently has me in its clutches.

My best doing means I'm invested, connected, and deeply involved with each task, and committed to its completion; the beckoning noise of all that's still left to do elsewhere is silenced.

When I choose to quiet the other commotion wanting to intermingle, I'm rewarded with sanity and the task masters gain their desired end result. Everyone benefits, no one is a loser.


No comments:

Post a Comment